Monday, July 2, 2012

Scrappy Quilt Block Tutorial

How to make a scrappy Block!

Start with a square of muslin as the base, the size is your choice




Use a smallish square as the center, once again the size is up to you.

Sew strips of fabric (I use scraps) to top and bottom of center.  Press open with iron.
Sew strips to other sides of center, press open with iron.

Continue adding strips of fabric to sides, making sure to extend
 beyond edges by 1/4" - notice how the
 stripe fabric entends beyond the orange fabric.
As you sew on strips, trim as needed.


Continue sewing on strips until the muslin sqaure is completely covered.
On back side of square, cut ragged edges off using the
muslin square as a guide.
Finished square!  So fun to use up scraps this way.
I made my square into a pillow...I continued on in the same manner
 just using black to make the pillow bigger.

4 comments:

  1. thats great. you could totally use scraps and depleat your stash. i like that idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. super cute! I'm so glad you showed this!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute--I think I could make this! Thanks for linking up to Beyond the Picket Fence.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE getting feedback on my posts...please leave me a note. Thank you!