Thursday, February 26, 2015

"Steal Like an Artist"

The title on this book in the library caught my eye and I picked the book up, at once.  I had to read more...it stated 10 things nobody told you about being creative (and here they are):

1. Steal like an artist.
2.  Don't wait until you know who you are to get started.
3.  Write the book you want to read.
4.  Use your hands.
5.  Side projects and hobbies are important.
6.  The secret: do good work and share it with people.
7.  Geography is no longer our master.
8.  Be Nice.  (The world is a small town).
9.  Be Boring (It's the only way to get work done).
10.  Creativity is subtraction.

All ten of the above statements are profound by themselves, but reading the chapter really helps to understand them.  My favorite is #9...because when you've been working on a project for 30 hrs and you haven't showered in days...that can be boring, and not so exciting.

This little gem of a book is by Austin Kleon, it's touched me and I've related to it on a deep level.  He also has a fabulous blog with lots of great life tidbits that we can all relate and learn from.

Be inspired, dear friends, no matter what you do creatively.  It's a process...don't give up!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE getting feedback on my posts...please leave me a note. Thank you!