Monday, December 8, 2014

Christmas Tree 2014

Never in a million years would I have thought we would display a fake tree instead of a freshly cut Oregon tree.  It's not that I was ever against the idea, it's just tradition.

But this year is different...we went simple and easy...we won't have to water or clean up needles that have dried and fallen to the floor, then picked up and drug around by our kitty.

I'm even slightly embarrassed to say, this very tree has been up year round in our living room, displayed, without light and decorations, as a spindly pine tree to add a bit of rustic to our house.  I plucked it from it's original spot and placed it in front of the window and put as many lights on it as I possibly could and some sparkly balls too.

My family was a bit bewildered to see such a fake appearance of a tree, but I might have other much more better surprises up my sleeve - so I don't really think they will be worrying about the tree when Santa comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE getting feedback on my posts...please leave me a note. Thank you!