Saturday, October 4, 2014

Changes

As I sit here trying to write, my mind is flooded with thoughts and I'm not even really sure where to begin.  I enjoy blogging and love to read other great blogs.  I admire the bloggers who can share intimate thoughts and ideas, yet protect their own privacy.  Sometimes I struggle with where that line is.  I wish it could be the place where a person could be completely honest, but because of so many reasons...you just really can't do that.  Unless, of course, you are okay with the whole world knowing you very personally.  It seems human nature to want to share our life with others, I mean, look at Facebook and Instagram - people bare all to the world, yet in a world where that can leave you vulnerable, I dare to share too much.  I have pretty much stopped using Facebook, mainly because it seems so invasive.  And when people call it Stalkerville, that scares me, but it's true...when we want to know about someone else's life, what do we do?  go to Facebook to find out the scoop.  I admit, I'm guilty of that too, but I avoid it now.  I say all this to say, I have had personal changes in my life lately and would love to share, but for 'online' security I will not share on the computer, but if you see my in person, let's talk.

The changes have brought on a new 'schedule' for me, and that means less time to spend on sewing and pattern design, but I refuse to give it up completely.  So today I am taking some fun 'fabric' photos and dreaming of my next project.  Many of you know I'm a 'bag lover', and I must start making myself a new bag.  Since I started bag making eight years ago, I rarely, if ever, use a purse from the department store.  I always carry a bag I made.  Sometimes I think it would be fun to carry a fancy bag from some big name brand, but I can't bring myself to spend the money, even if it was cheap.  It's just a querk about me.

One of my favorite quilt patterns is the 'tumbling' block.  I love that it's 3-D.  I make a lot of these blocks and hope someday to make a large quilt, but for now, the panel in the photo will become a bag front.  It's made with Civil War prints, which I adore.


I finally have my pearle cotton threads organized.  I love using these plastic containers (from Joann Fabrics) to store stuff in and it works so well for the pearle cotton balls.  I also had my husband make flat wooden spools to wrap thread around and they fit perfectly into my container.


This is a random photo of a soup I discovered this week at LifeSource (a health food store in town).  At first, I was skeptical, but being the dill pickle lover that I am, I gave it a try.  It was amazing!!!!!  So, now I have the ingredients and hopefully can recreate it at home.


Last, but not least, my adorable kitty Margaret.  She's a persnickety little thing, but we love her.


Happy Saturday Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE getting feedback on my posts...please leave me a note. Thank you!