Thursday, May 15, 2014

Thursday's Thoughts...


  • Can you believe little ol' Oregon has been in the 90' this week....crazy!  i love warm weather and the older I get, I'm loving it even more, but I'm just not quite ready for it to be in the 90's  And living in an older home we have not yet updated to air conditioning so it gets pretty warm.  Thank goodness we have a daylight basement that stays about 10' cooler than upstairs.
  • Thoughts today are of a family friend who has been ill...prayers for him today.
  • Feeling just a wee bit sad that I am not participating at the biggest Fabric Trade Show of the year in Pittsburgh this weekend...but thankful I can be a vendor at the debut of a new show happening in Portland in August.  It will be fun.  And it's open to the public, so please come visit and say Hi!
  • I'm getting very antsy to completely organize my sewing space and I'm dreaming of what I can do to make it better.  For starters I'm going to buy some shelving from Ikea.  Two of these will do.  I think it will work nicely for some of my fabric.  Only some, cause I have lots, you know.
  • I'm also going to be painting the basement...it's time for a facelift.  Now, let me set the stage.  The basement has wood paneling from the 50's, never been painted.  When we moved in 10 years ago.  My husband said I could never paint it...he wanted to tear it down and use it for another project.  Every year that it wasn't done, I would give him one more year to have his chance at doing something with it or I was going to paint it.  Well, the time has finally come that he has given in...and you know what?...now that I've started painting it, HE LIKES IT!  Oh.....brother.
  • Anywayyyyyy.....where was I?
  • This week I was in my in-laws backyard and we discovered five little tiny pink bird eggs.  We didn't realize there was a bird inside the mailbox and we accidentally frightened the poor thing and she flew away.  These eggs were so tiny...I don't think I've ever seen such small ones.  Probably less than an 1" in diameter.
  • Here is my family on Mother's Day...as you can probably tell it was VERY sunny outside! My little girl doesn't look happy, but she was...she's just so very sensitive to light so she was barely able to look at the camera.  Also, just to be clear...my oldest girl is NOT standing on anything and I'm not scrunching down...she is over 6' tall - and I'm just kind short. ;) 
  • And last, but not least...I leave you with my sewing projects.  Oh, and looky there....brown wood paneling.  I had cut out terry cloth an looooong time ago to make birp cloths and never had finished them so I got them out yesterday and decided that they had 'seasoned' long enough.  I'm just cutting binding and machine stitching it around the edges.  The bags you see are actually backpacks...I've sold quite a few and I'm trying to bump up my inventory so I can put them on Etsy.  They are super cute if I don't say so myself.  They have a front zipper pocket, a draw string top, and natural, cotton strapping on the back.  Stay tuned for more details in the near future.

Happy Thursday Everyone!  
and when the world seems gloomy, do something you love - take a walk, sew a stitch or two, or watch your favorite TV show.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE getting feedback on my posts...please leave me a note. Thank you!