Thursday, May 29, 2014

Cut Loose Press Bag Pattern

This is a fun bag pattern that I designed last year right before Quilt Market called the Merry Berry Vinyl Tote.  I published it through Cut Loose Press, printed and distributed through Checker Distributors.  Which basically means, I submit the pattern, and they print and distribute...who, hoo! no printing and stuffing in to zippy bags for me. :)

It's really cool how Cut Loose Press prints the patterns.  All the patterns are printed on 8.5" x 11" cardstock and are 3 hole punched for a binder.  It's super easy to collect a lot of the patterns because they fit into a small space, and won't take up precious 'fabric' hoarding space ;)

Anyway,  Checker Distributors offers the patterns at wholesale, but through my shop you can buy one or as many as you want.

The bag is Simple Dimple to make, easy enough for a beginner.  The tote measures 15" tall, 12" wide at the base, and 5" deep.  I made the outside with laminated cotton, but it can be made with fabric of your choice. The inside has a pocket and I've added Annie's Soft and Stable to the inside.  Soft and Stable is a thin foam to give the bag shape and form.  I've only found this product at Quilt Shops and online.  I'm not aware that it is sold at chain fabric stores, but it could be.  I love the product in bags and find it very easy to sew with, although it can be thick for some sewing machines.  The tote closure is elastic with a button and I added ribbon to the handle for some added pizzaz.

In a nutshell, it's a simple to make, fun to carrry bag.  It makes for a wonderful bag to teach if you are looking for something to add to your class schedule.

Happy Thursday and happy stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE getting feedback on my posts...please leave me a note. Thank you!